Visiting each property, Overhaul any type of PVCu window, dismantle as necessary and subsequently reassemble including freeing, easing and adjusting casements to give a correct operation.
Renew fixing screws, remove, refit or renew ironmongery as necessary, check, lubricate operating mechanism, renew gaskets, make good and test.
Residents had complained of draughts, of broken handles and windows that were hard to open and close. Some windows has failed and condensation was a growing problem.
The windows were installed around 15 years ago and not scheduled to be replaced for 10 to 15 years.
How Mila Maintenance & Installation helped
- Initial Visit and Site Visit to identify Window Types and Hardware, discuss issues with residents and consider working environment for the safety or residents and engineers.
- Two weeks were selected in October 2016 to carry out the initial works of visiting each property, overhaul each window, ease and adjust and renew gaskets. Follow up work was also carried out where possible up to an agreed budget set by Hanover.
- Mila Maintenance contacted all residents to arrange appointments at their convenience
- Access arranged and works carried out at 39 of 40 properties within 2 week period. Additional works to replace Double Glazed Units, Locking Mechanisms and Hinges created and provided as a programme to Hanover Housing.
- Additional Works carried out in January and February 2017