Unlocking Value through Comprehensive Stock Condition Surveys
Unlocking the full potential of your assets begins with understanding their current condition. In sectors such as social housing, student living, the care sector, and for other residential landlords, this information is also vital to keep residents safe. That’s where Mila introduces the SAFEKEEP model. Your one-stop, easy-to-understand method that encapsulates all approaches to window and door care. It’s not just a service; it’s a pledge. To provide superior, cost-effective care for residents and straightforward, efficient management for landlords.
Enhancing Asset Value
Regular window condition surveys are pivotal. These surveys spotlight necessary replacements, repairs, and maintenance schedules. This facilitates effective planning and budget allocation. Tailoring these surveys to specific assets like windows and doors enhances the precision of the assessment. It ensures a large-scale window maintenance strategy that is both effective and focused.
Why Specialised Surveys?
Windows and doors are unique; they require specialised care and attention. More than 300 different makes and models of windows are currently installed in UK properties. An understanding of these different models and their individual components allows for a more detailed and accurate assessment. This is essential for high-rise window repairs and maintenance where the cost of repairs and replacement is much greater.
Structuring a Successful Survey Programme
Here’s a roadmap to planning a meticulous window and door survey in a large estate.
1. Preliminary Planning
- Objective: Determine client requirements for the survey.
- Actions: Meet with the client to understand specific needs and expectations.
- Output: A clear understanding of what needs to be included in the survey and how the report should be presented.
2. Resident Communication
- Objective: Inform residents about the planned surveys.
- Actions: Send communication to residents explaining the purpose of the survey, and the need for access to their properties.
- Output: Residents are informed and prepared for upcoming surveys.
3. Scheduling Surveys
- Objective: Arrange appointments with residents.
- Actions: Schedule AM or PM slots for residents, accommodating special requests for early or late appointments where possible.
- Output: A finalized schedule of appointments for each property.
4. Health and Safety Planning
- Objective: Ensure the safety of all parties during the surveys.
- Actions: Conduct a health and safety assessment and prepare briefings.
- Output: A comprehensive health and safety plan and prepared team.
5. Execution of Surveys
- Objective: Carry out window surveys as per the plan.
- Actions: Execute surveys according to the scheduled appointments, each lasting about 45 minutes.
- Output: Completed surveys for all scheduled properties.
6. Report Compilation
- Objective: Produce a detailed report based on survey findings.
- Actions: Compile findings, ensuring the report aligns with client preferences regarding presentation and content.
- Output: A detailed and well-organized report ready for client review.
7. Client Review Meeting
- Objective: Discuss report findings with the client and get feedback.
- Actions: Arrange a meeting to review findings, discuss, and agree on requirements for the follow-up works programme.
- Output: Client feedback and agreed upon action items for follow-up works.
8. Follow-Up Works Planning
- Objective: Create a final programme for follow-up works.
- Actions: Based on the client meeting, plan the necessary follow-up actions and schedule them.
- Output: A finalized and agreed upon programme of follow-up works ready for implementation.
9. Conclusion and Documentation
- Objective: Conclude the project, ensuring all documentation is in order.
- Actions: Ensure all aspects of the project are completed satisfactorily and documented for future reference.
- Output: A completed project with all necessary documentation archived for future reference.
SURVEY starts the SAFEKEEP Model
Survey (S): Detailed Checks with Tailored Reporting
Our engineers conduct meticulous checks on your windows and doors. Firstly for correct operation. Then for compliance with health and safety regulations. Thirdly, signs of water and air ingress. We also consider any additional factors requested by our clients to furnish landlords with a detailed report. Not only does this report spotlight areas that need fixing. It also serves as a tangible audit trail, showcasing safety precautions undertaken. Finally, the report proposes potential enhancements for the windows.
Adjust (A): Preventing Small Issues from Becoming Major Ones
The emphasis here is on proactive care. Windows require continual small adjustments to windows and regular lubrication. This prevents minor issues from spiraling into bigger, costlier problems. Guarding against more significant repairs and, worst case, complete window replacements.
Fix (F): Swift and Uncomplicated Solutions
Our approach to fixing is straightforward and effective. Once a problem is identified, our team ensures it’s repaired efficiently. We prioritise the safety and functionality of the windows and doors to uphold the comfort and security of our residents.
Enhance (E): Advancing Beyond the Basic Functions
Enhancements go beyond mere fixes. It could involve elevating ventilation to combat issues like mould or damp. Or escalating the energy efficiency of windows. Or upgrading security features. In every enhancement action, the objective is to boost the existing functionality. Enhancements may also prolong the lifespan of your installations.
KEEP: Keep your Windows and Residents SAFE
By engaging in long-term contracts, landlords can spread repair costs over an extended period. They gain preferential access to Mila’s responsive repair services. The ‘KEEP’ phase protects your window and door investment. It is the scheduled programme of future safety audits. This provides a steadfast availability of a repairs service when it’s needed. It’s how you KEEP your resident’s windows operational over the long-term with all safety measures functional. It’s how you prevent small problems from becoming large expensive ones.
Tips for Implementation:
- Flexibility: Always keep some buffer time for unexpected delays or rescheduling.
- Communication: Maintain clear and consistent communication with both the residents and the client throughout the process.
- Feedback: Be open to feedback and be prepared to make necessary adjustments to the plan as required.
Partner with Mila and SAFEKEEP Your Residents
When you partner with Mila, you don’t just get a service provider; you get a team that truly cares about your property as much as you do. We ensure all your window and door care needs are managed effectively under one comprehensive, expertly executed model – SAFEKEEP.
Learn more about how SAFEKEEP can benefit your properties. Contact Mila today. Let’s work together to SAFEKEEP your property. Ensuring optimal functionality, longevity, and resident satisfaction in your buildings.
If you would like more information on these services, please sign up for our monthly update email. This email will also give you a summary of blog posts from our Website where we share our knowledge of strategies, methods and techniques for maintaining windows in residential and commercial properties and extending the life of windows and reducing ongoing building repair costs.
The changes to Data Protection legislation require us to have clear consent to provide you with this relevant marketing information.
Please can you use this form to confirm your contact details and tick the box to opt in to receive our monthly updates.
Image source: Canva